Ruin Your Diet (Skipping Breakfast)
The #1 Way to Ruin Your Diet: Skipping Breakfast
To understand why breakfast is constantly stressed, let’s start off by examining and breaking down the word itself “break-fast”. Its literal meaning is “breaking the fast”. From the time you fall asleep to when you wake up, your body is in a hibernation period. During hibernation, your metabolism slows down because your body knows it won’t be receiving any fuel. By eating breakfast in the morning, you’re sending your metabolism the signal of “hey, we’re going again! Get to work!”
What Breakfast Is NOT
Keep in mind what breakfast isn’t! Many people think a perfectly fine breakfast is coffee, a latte frappucino, sugar energy drinks or even a 5 hour energy shot. These “quick energy fixes” won’t give you the power you need to fuel the rest of your day.
So the best way to avoid ruing your diet is to eat a balanced breakfast—one with good carbohydrates found in whole grains and healthy protein. Doing so will help you stay on track with your diet with the necessary nutrients your body and metabolism needs to keep you productive and energized without requiring more calories throughout the day. What’s a simple Hitch Fit breakfast you can have almost every day? How about 2 eggs, 5 egg whites and a ½ cup of unflavored oatmeal (feel free to sprinkle Stevia and cinnamon on top)? It will keep you full until the early afternoon!
Starve and Get Fat
- Eat every 2-3 hours throughout the day
- Eat only till your satisfied never till your full
- Check your body fat 1-2 times per month
- 4-5 days per week cardio of 350-750 calories per day
- 3-5 days per week of weightlifting
- Always remember its better to eat something then nothing at all, just make the meal or snack a healthy choice
- Balance – Do not overeat, Do not under eat, Both lead to fat gain